"Many view the first birthday as the toddler turning point. Others consider your baby a toddler as soon as he starts walking — or, as the case may be, taking his first tentative steps. However and whenever he crosses the line into toddlerhood, it's a bittersweet transition — you miss your little baby even as you delight in your amazing child."
Perhaps to prove he is growing out of the baby phase and asserting his independence River has taken on a pretty interesting new... um... "habit." River has always had amazing bladder control and as a result he has spent quite a significant amount of time nude after his morning diaper is removed or after his bath at night. Perhaps as a result of watching Cory often enough when he goes to the bathroom, River has taken to peeing whenever he is standing up! And yes it is only when he is standing up and has something to pee against that he lets fly. The first time he peed while standing up on a chair. I assumed that it was an accident, cleaned it up and didn't think anything about it until a couple days later after his nightly bath. He pulled himself up into the standing position on the outside of the tub, looked very purposely at me with a mischievous grin and promptly began to pee on the tile! A few days ago after a diaper change he wriggled out of my grasp and headed strait for the screen door. He pulled himself up to a standing position, stared out into the neighborhood beyond and relieved himself. He looked down several times perhaps checking out his wiz trajectory? Ah, good times, good times.
1 comment:
Sounds like River will be easier to potty train than most boys!! It is hard to let go of the baby stage as a Mommy.
The climber we got Nadia for her bday was this one http://www.amazon.com/Little-Tikes-Climb-Slide-Castle/dp/B0000E6ZCI and I got it at Walmart as they had it in stock plus they have free shipping if you pick it up at the store. I paid about $65 for it. I probably wouldn't order it online considering how hefty the shipping would be (Amazon, Target, etc.). I did see some similar ones at yard sales, and on Craigslist. Also if you live near a city (we don't), some people do list things like this on eBay and have it as pick up only (no shipping) and then you can get a good deal. Little ones sure do love to climb! I think I need to bring hers inside so she can still enjoy it even though the temps are such that we won't be outside as much.
Post a Comment