I've so many posts that I have to put together that they are creating a serious traffic jam in my head. I will also have pictures of Montana and Halloween posted soon. However, I wanted to really quick tell a heart warming event I witnessed tonight before River went to sleep for the night.
Currently we have two dogs and one cat. And the cat, Louie (a girl), would be more accurately described as my cat. She was my cat for 3 1/2 years before I met Cory and once we started dating things went bad between the two of them. There is no love lost between Cory and Louie. They have a mutual hatred for each other. A deep seated and long running hatred that even my best efforts have yet to pacify. She has never had much patience for little kids either and of course (as it always seems to work out) River ADORES her! Though the dogs love River, want to play with him and take his pinches, smacks, and ear pulls in stride, River would prefer to play with Louie. Perhaps because she is smaller and has more colorful long fur, etc. than the dogs she has had more appeal to him. And it isn't just Louie. It is all cats. Samson, the cat at his Nanny Debbie's house is equally as interesting and Gala's cat Fig finally had to swat at River to get him to leave him alone when we visited them in Montana.
Tonight when I brought River downstairs to put him to bed he saw Louie laying at the bottom of the stairs and indicated with outstretched hands that he wanted to get down and play with her. Louie immediately got up as usual since she knows that River is still working on the whole concept of petting and is currently in the hitting/fur pulling phase. So she ran into the laundry room and River crawled after her. Then she ran out of the laundry room and into his nursery. He then proceeded to crawl after her. They continued this back and forth for almost 5 minutes straight. And River was having so much fun and giggling so mischievously that I was practically in tears laughing so hard. Finally I took River upstairs to see if I could rock him to sleep as he was now 1 hour past his bed time. As I related the story to Cory it finally dawned on me that Louie, the anti-child cat was PLAYING with River! If she was really that irritated by River she would have run off and hid or jumped up on the washer or drier to avoid him. I was so proud at that moment of my cat and my son for playing together. I hope they continue to do so because River just might be able to bridge that gap between his cat and his dad :)
2 comments:
That made me laugh! Cute, cute!! Go get her, River! I miss you my little buddy :) Gala loves you to the moon and back :) xoxoxoxoxoxo
Aww how sweet! I hope Louie continues to enjoy playing with River (we know that River will continue to enjoy the cat).
Post a Comment