Many of the blogs I follow have joined Kelsey's Blogger's Unite Group and I am finding that as I read their contributions I'm back to feeling like Moses. I was gung-ho in the beginning and now I've almost got myself convinced that anything I have to say pales in comparison so I should just stop posting and focus on reading. But, that thought really isn't a bad place to start a post with so here goes...
As I mentioned before my perception has changed quite a bit since Cory and I began our adoption journey almost 3 years ago. Because my son is too young to have developed or defined his thoughts and feelings on adoption and because I fully understand that Angie probably doesn't feel comfortable being 100% honest with me about her feelings I have sought out the blogs of those who can be fully honest with their readers since their readers are not part of their adoption triangle. I want to understand (to the best of my ability) what the view looks like from the other two sides of the triangle. I feel that doing so is ESSENTIAL/MANDATORY/IMPERATIVE for my journey to being the best adoptive mom I can be.
For this post I'd like to share with you the firstparent and adoptee blogs that I have found to be priceless along my journey. I encourage you to check out each and every one if you are a member of the adoption triangle, you know someone who is a member of the adoption triangle, or if you simply know what the word adoption means :) I have decided not to add descriptions or my personal thoughts on each of the blogs simply because you'd eventually get sick of my excessive use of words like "thought provoking", "amazing", "brilliant", etc.
First Parent Blogs
A Birth Mother Voice
birthmomtalks
Coming Clean: Confessions of a Secret Birthmom
Confessions of a Mean Girl Turned Mommy - Sadly Jenni closed down her blog but I did want to give her props here because I really loved her blog and thought she had great thoughts to share.
I Should Really be Working
It's Just One Hat
Lia, not Juno - An expecting mother planning to place her son in an open adoption
Not Quite Juno. My Adoption Story
Statistically Impossible - Just want to note that this is the blog of a first daddy!
The Modern Birthmom
Adoptee Blogs
Adopted - The Comic
Adoption of Jane UG-Lbc
John Raible Online
The Declassified Adoptee
Wow, not until I just listed all of the adoptee blogs that I follow did I realize how puny it is! If anyone has any suggestions of adoptee blogs to add to my list please leave links or names in a comment. And in general if you feel the list of blogs I follow is lacking please let me know. I'm always looking for more great blogs!
Thank you to all of the authors of these wonderful blogs and to everyone else, happy reading!
4 comments:
This is great...thanks! I didn't realize Jenni had shut down her blog! What a bummer!
Hey, thanks :)
Thank you again for the shout out, I feel honored yet again. And thank you also for reading the other minds of Blogger Unite Adoption Awareness!
And I do understand what you mean when you say you did not know the multitude of opinions and personal stories out there when it comes to those on Bloggers Unite. There are some voices in that group that are very different from mine, but that was the whole point of it...to raise awareness through ALL of the triad's stories.
I can tell you of two more blogs that are very insightful... Once Was Von is a wonderful, honest and often very difficult read. She has so much to say from the adoptee point of view and she is quite fair when it comes to listening to what others have to say.
http://eag-oncewasvon.blogspot.com/
Another one I read ALWAYS is Musing of the Lame. She is a birth mother and a very popular voice that appeals to the BSE era of birth mothers, although she is not one herself. Her mind is brilliant, and she always raises fantastic point in her writing. I really, really like Claud's voice. Not to mention, she has a slew of adoptee blogs listed in her blog role. You should check it out if it is adoptee voices you seek.
http://www.musingsofthelame.com/
So, there are a couple more for you to take a gander at. I thank you for putting me on your list and am so glad that you read and take my words to heart!
Another amom here-- pretty much seeking what you discuss in your blog--
Interanational Adoptee blogs that I find very informative and well thought:
Yoons Blur:
http://yoonsblur.blogspot.com/
Shadow between two worlds--
http://sisterheping.wordpress.com/
starting a new one called adoption paradox:
http://adoptionparadox.wordpress.com/
Domestic Adoption
These are very blunt adoptee blogs who are now anti-adoption:
Real Daughter-- the link is on Declassified Adoptee. you really need to read from the beginning-- not for the faint of heart.
Out of the fog-- there is a link on Real Daughter-- also good to read from the beginning.
Post a Comment