Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Blood is Thicker than Water

Though River is usually very shy and takes his time warming up to people within hours of Angie, her husband, and their sons PJ and PA (River's first brothers, older and younger respectively) arriving to visit this weekend this was the sight to be had:


River and PJ

 
Seeing River with his older first brother PJ is bitter sweet.  Sweet because I love to see their special bond develop so easily.  Seriously, they were wrestling, laughing and playing from the moment they arrived.  Bitter because I feel I am responsible for taking their brotherhood away from them.  This is especially difficult knowing that River's chances for siblings in our family is, as my 11th grade history teacher Mr. Randall used to say, slim to none and slim just left town.  This makes me all the more greatful for open adoption and the fact that though they will miss growing up under the same roof, they will still be able to wrestle, laugh, and drive each other crazy :)


River and PA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow I can't imagine that.....and all the thoughts to wrestle with in your head. you are constantly in my prayers....will call you this week.