River's nanny, we'll call her Nanny Deb (after our favorite nanny on Nanny 911!), took River and the other little boy she watches to the park. After parking she got out and went to open the slide door on her minivan to get the boys out. Unfortunately, she found that the door was locked. All of the doors were locked. The keys were still inside the vehicle and so were two little boys snuggly buckled into their carseats.
Nanny Deb is awesome, of course, and did everything right. She called the police and a locksmith. The police showed up first. The police officer had a son just about River's age and using age appropriate directions he instructed River how to get out of his carseat and unlock the door. Some may not consider this much heroism... No lives were really in danger. If River hadn't followed the directions of the officer it would have only meant a few more minutes stuck in the car sweating until the locksmith arrived. But the officer was really impressed with how well River listened and followed the directions he was given and dammit I am, too :)
"There is a history in all men's lives,
Figuring the nature of the times deceased,
The which observed, a man may prophesy,
With a near aim, of the main chance of things
As yet not come to life, which in their seeds
And weak beginnings lie intreasurèd."
Figuring the nature of the times deceased,
The which observed, a man may prophesy,
With a near aim, of the main chance of things
As yet not come to life, which in their seeds
And weak beginnings lie intreasurèd."
~ William Shakespeare, Henry IV, Part 2

5 comments:
Every time I put Seven in the car or get out of the car with him in it, I worry that I just locked him inside with my keys. Glad everyone was safe.
Go RIVER!!! You should be proud!!
Go River~ How great is that!
What a little smartie! You should be proud of both him and the fact that you are a great mama.
Not sure if you are still reading these comments - but a cup of tea with you would be AWESOME! I have a feeling we would have a blast. I have often wished I could come through this computer to truly be WITH my friends I have made here! Thank you for your sweet comment:).
Post a Comment