Monday, June 8, 2009

June 5, 2003

Last Friday, my dear husband (DH) and I celebrated our 6th Wedding Anniversary. In honor of our six years, I have created a list of six interesting facts about us. Notice that for the first time I refer to my husband by his real name and not DH!
  1. Even though Cory was raised in Montana and I was raised in Colorado we were both born in the same town and in the same hospital 3 years and a little over 4 months apart. That town is none other than Pocatello, ID.

  2. We met at church in a Single's Ward, which, for those who are unfamiliar with the term, is a meeting time and church building established for only single adults (18+) to attend. The purpose is to bring together people of similar age and life situations to worship together so that they can support each other and befriend each other. However, I'll be the first to admit that it does become a "meat market" so to speak for people looking to get married!

  3. The very first time I saw Cory I thought he was very hot (for lack of a better word, I feel like I should be 15 when I use the term) and while evesdropping on a conversation he was having learned that he was from Montana. Over the next month before I was finally introduced to him I referred to him as "Montana Boy." When I purchased his wedding band I had "My Montana Boy" inscribed on the inside of the band in tribute of this early part of our relationship history.

  4. Cory proposed to me on Tybee Island, GA. While he had me distracted collecting seawater and sand for him he wrote "Will you marry me?" in sticks on the sand. It was a very romantic moment sitting on a washed up log on the beach at sunset... It would have been perfect if it weren't for the stupid hippie dude and his toddler who rudely sat down on the other end of the log (7-8 feet away) right smack in the middle of our romantic moment!

  5. We dated for only 2 1/2 months before Cory proposed but waited 9 1/2 months before getting married. We were married 1 years and 3 days after we started dating.

  6. We had a very small wedding ceremony with only a dozen family members in attendance in the quaint little historic town of Nauvoo, IL which overlooks the Mississippi River. We had a much bigger reception on my parents property in the even smaller town of Franktown, CO two days later.

This photo was taken on the day of our wedding. It was taken as a goof by my grandma. She joked that it would probably turn out to be our favorite picture of the day and sho'nuff it definitely was one of our top 5 fav's. It sits on my desk at work.

Happy Anniversary to my best friend, partner in crime, personal commic, rockstar and fellow proud parent of the most amazing little boy!

5 comments:

Ruth said...

Congrats!! May you have many more wonderful years to come!!

Lesa said...

Thats a great story! I love your picture, I've never seen that one before. You guys are an amazing family! Love each of you tons!!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post!! What a great dh you have, very sweet and romantic! And I absolutly LOVE the wedding pic!

fort caughlan said...

You wouldn't believe it if I told you some of the similarities of my courtship with Mark! Given our sage to parenthood, I'm starting to think we were sisters in another lifetime! :)

The Stephensons said...

Happy anniversary. What a great post.
Lynn