Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tears of sadness, tears of joy.

I shed the following tears between the hours of 1 pm and 4 pm this afternoon:
  • 1:20ish pm - Cried tears of sadness when I had to say goodbye to my SIL Jodi and nephew Noah after enjoying lunch at Denver International Airport with them while they had a LONG layover in Denver. We love them so much and hope to see them again soon!

River and Noah enjoying a shared diaper changing experience :)
  • 3:10 pm - Cried tears of sadness when as I was leaving my doctor's office I got stuck in an elevator with 6 other women and I realized I was the only one out of 7 women without a big round pregnant belly. I still struggle with the fact that I have yet to experience full term pregnancy.
  • 3:20 pm - Cried tears of joy as I signed River up for a summer reading program at the public library. I have been anxiously waiting to do this kind of fun mommy stuff since DH and I first were married (6 years ago this week).
  • 3:25 pm - Cried tears of joy when I saw a children's book about adoption propped up on top of the shelves on display and then selected it as one of the first books River will "read" for his reading program this summer.

Over Land and Sea, A Story of International Adoption
by Steven L. Layne

Man I am such a boob!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Let me know how that book is. I've thought about buying it for Isabel.

Lesa said...

Jill, I am SOOO proud of you! I really am. You never cease to amaze me by your wonderful mothering abilities! Starting River out this early with books will be a life long blessing for him. Way to go, Jill :)