Today River is 9 months old. My, my, my how time flies! I remember at one point when River was only 3-4 months old looking ahead to 6 months and imagining how much I would panic when he reached that age. Now he is 9 months old and luckily I have accepted the fact that he will inevitably grow up and I will inevitably feel bitter sweet about every moment. Sad to realize how truly fast he seems to grow up but happy to be able to watch him in every stage of his development.
We are now one full week into crawling and already he is ready to move onto pulling himself up to standing and his level of curiosity has seemed to quadruple. Being able to be there as he accomplishes new tasks and as his brain makes new connections has been the single most amazing experience of my life. In honor of his 9 months here are 9 of his most recent milestones.
P.S. Curious to know if anyone gets the reference in the title of my post...
We are now one full week into crawling and already he is ready to move onto pulling himself up to standing and his level of curiosity has seemed to quadruple. Being able to be there as he accomplishes new tasks and as his brain makes new connections has been the single most amazing experience of my life. In honor of his 9 months here are 9 of his most recent milestones.
- Crawling.
- Pulling himself up onto his knees and occasionally into the standing position.
- Moving from sitting up to laying down and vice versa.
- Saying "Ba, ba, ba, ba" and "Da, da, da, da."
- Clapping.
- Holding his own bottle.
- Using different "voices" (mostly in the form of growling) when playing with toys.
- Cutting 4th tooth. He now has the front two on both the top and bottom.
- Using the word "Ma Ma" to indicate that he wants to be picked up, fed, or to let you know he is upset.
2 comments:
Thats one hansome little fella! I think he takes after his papa bear:)
Lesa, I didn't realize it until you mentioned it but he REALLY looks like John in that picture of him playing with his chair!
Post a Comment