Dear River,

We will continue each day to prepare for you to join our family. I hope that you are as happy to be our son as we are to have you as our son. I can't promise we won't embarrass you. Actually, I can promise you that we WILL embarrass you. I should probably warn you that we like to make up silly songs and dance around to music. I hope you won't mind our sense of humor and that you'll have a good one, too. I know that your name isn't typical and many of our family members have taken a while to warm up to it, but I promise we put lots of thought and love into choosing your name. It is a very strong, meaningful name and hopefully you will agree.
Your dad is my best friend and we love to spend time together so I hope you don't mind hanging out with us. We promise to take you to concerts and help you develop good musical taste. You already have a full band's worth of instruments ready for you to play and you have a dad who is really excited to teach you to play the drums as well as he does. We aren't really into sports but we promise to support you in any sport you want to play. We'll cheer you on and talk with other parents as if we understand the rules of the game. Your dad is pretty creative and I'm kind of smart so we will help you with your homework when you need us to.
But most importantly if you ever need reassurance that you are special and that you are loved, you have not only 2 parents, but 4 that consider you very special and who truly love you. I'm sorry if this letter is a little (okay, actually REALLY) cheesy but I'm so excited for your arrival that I just can't help myself. I know that since you are a boy you will spend your life shunning all things emotional but I hope you enjoy this letter one day when you are old enough to read. You might as well get used to indulging the women who love you (trust me, your wife will thank me one day) because while you shun all that emotional stuff, we spend our lives thriving off of it.
Only 2 months, 5 days left until you are due and I can't wait!
I love you River!
1 comment:
snake, I'm so excited for you guys. The time is coming soon! I can't wait to see your little guy!
Post a Comment