Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Nursery "Before" Pictures

DH and I have made many changes to the house we purchased just over 4 years ago including a completely remodeled master bathroom (which is still in progress 3 years later ;), removal of old ugly wallpaper, new paint on the walls to match our taste, and new carpet on the main level. Each time I wish we would have taken "Before" and "After" pictures to document our hard work. But now that we are working on the nursery for River, I figured I would document the before and after pictures for everyone to enjoy. Basically we need to ditch the old ugly 70's wallpaper and repaint with our nursery theme colors which are baby blue, baby green and brown, get furniture to put the clothes and toys we have in, pull out all of the items that we have been storing in the closet, get a mattress for the crib, get a crib set, put up decorations and all sorts of fun stuff. So here are pictures documenting the current state of the nursery.

I will preface these photos with a warning... Prepare to be launched back into the 1970's... If you are not prepared to relive whatever memories you may have of the 70's you may want to cover your eyes. We've got baby blue AND brown shag carpet along with some seriously dated wallpaper in our basement. We even have a wall of the scenic picture wallpaper that was so popular during the 70's. What scenic scene do we have on our wallpaper you may be wondering? Why what else would you expect.... A River! And I'm completely serious.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We've already got the crib set up and all of the clothes organized by age range into totes. I guess that is better than nothing, but I'm just so anxious for his arrival I want it all done NOW! I can't wait to see how it all turns out! It is going to be a big task but I think it will also be a very fun one. Hopefully it will help the time fly by over these last weeks because I'm already growing impatient for his arrival!

And let me say thanks to Aunt Kristen (my sister) for the cute sign and even cuter frog prince, to Uncle Aaron for the crib and clothes, and Aunt Jami for clothes, toys and a back pack for us to take River out hiking in. And of course I want to thank Angie for the sweet little baby boy that will soon call this home :)

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

When is River due to be born? Just curious! ;-)
SSGWIFE (Adoption TTC DB)

riversnake said...

September 14th, but Angie's midwife says he'll most likely come a few weeks early. I must say, I don't mind that because I'm super anxious for his arrival :) So long as he stays in long enough to "finish cooking."