Though I tend toward the overly critical there is one thing I have managed to teach my son to do that I am rather proud of. No, I didn't mangage teach him:
- the names and capitals of all the states,
- how to read at a 5th grade level, or
- how to play a fiddle so well he most certainly would walk away from any contest with one of the golden variety.
It is something far more simple. And much more hilarious. I taught my son to laugh hysterically when someone burps or toots. Now wait! Before you go gasping in horror over the lack of manners for which I am advocating let me ask you this:
At the end of the day when you are stressed, when you're carrying burdens that feel they will break you down, how can you not follow suit when a cute little toddler dissolves into giggles after tooting twice in a row? Seriously, it is the Balm of Gilead to my soul. But then again, maybe I'm just too immature to be a mother.
Doh! There I go again :)

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." ~ e.e. cummings
3 comments:
LOL, love it! Your son is SO lucky to have a momma who understands the truly important moments in life...5th grade reading level be damned:).
HAHAHA!!! Love this post. So very true. Toots and burps are funny.... PERIOD! We should not rob our kids of a sense of humor!
Hi! Thanks for checking out my blog and commenting! River is adorable :)
Post a Comment